Current Job Opportunities
Ancon is a market leading business, specialising in the design and manufacture of high integrity steel products for the construction industry. Our products are supplied to major structures worldwide, predominantly for use in masonry and concrete construction.
The company employs over 450 people at three advanced manufacturing facilities in the UK and overseas operations in Mainland Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. Part of the second largest building materials group in the world with 89,000 employees in 31 countries, Ancon offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Current Job Opportunities:
The purpose of this role is to complete orders placed with the Project and Design Management (PDM) department to our customer’s satisfaction and to manage the available resources to achieve this.
The main duties include:
- Progress the customer’s order from initial review through to delivery and settlement of account.
- Correspond with customer to request information, communicate problems or notify them of key events.
- Ensure all team communications with customers are commercially appropriate, clear and informative.
- Attend site meetings when required to acquire design and program information or resolve problems.
- Maintain the project file and quality documentation to a high standard.
- Ensure all necessary drawings are produced and that our designs are illustrated to a good standard. Issue designs and drawings for approval.
- Co-ordinate approvals and customers instructions to manufacture.
- Prepare clear and accurate manufacturing drawings and schedules for order processing.
- Resolve manufacturing and delivery issues with production. Provide information to customer as necessary.
- Resolve credit queries as soon as possible. Liaise with accounts and customers as necessary.
- Assess skill requirements and urgency of incoming tasks and prioritise in consultation with the Team Manager and Project Manager.
- Provide training and support to other team members.
- Liaise closely with Team Manager and Project Manager at all times ensuring information regarding projects, customers or team members is communicated. Ensure any developing service or quality issues are reported as a matter of urgency.
Essential Skills Required:
- Construction knowledge
- Computer literate
- Good Telephone Manner
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 9.00am - 17:00pm
Salary: up to £23k
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is a fixed term contract until the end of December but may be required thereafter.
The purpose of this role is to repair and maintain a variety of Sheet Metal Working machine tools. This includes undertaking a range of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical work required necessary to identify faults and repair issues in line with best practice and current H&S requirements. Required to work in a safe, organised, tidy and efficient manner.
- To ensure the works plant and equipment is maintained to the required standard to maximise availability, reliability and efficiency and to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees.
- To maintain and repair all production machines in line with production priority.
- Work effectively in performing maintenance tasks to ensure the minimum downtime of production machinery.
- To record all maintenance activity as prescribed by the Ancon management system.
- Install new equipment as and when appropriate.
- To perform other tasks to maintain the fabric of the building, fixtures and fittings, support equipment and install such things as barriers and racking as required.
- Identify and source spares and necessary equipment to perform the above tasks.
- City & Guilds or NVQ qualification in relevant maintenance subject.
- Electrical - mechanical fitter, experienced hydraulic, pneumatics, PLC, sensors and control systems.
- City & Guilds 2330 electrician's certificates with NVQ Level 3 practical.
- Certificate in line supervision or team leading.
- Time served apprentice as a maintenance fitter or electrician in an industrial environment.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in a maintenance environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving with attention to detail and thought process techniques.
- Proven track record in maintenance supervision and planning.
- Working with 5's and Lean principles.
- Implementing high standards of H&S principles and controls.
- Use of COSHH sheets (material safety data sheets) skills.
- Excellent planning and co-ordination skills.
- Good coaching skills.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Experience of H&S control systems and reporting.
- Computer literate.
Rate of pay: Up to £11.40 per hour; depending on experience.
To apply, email your CV to the Human Resources Team at email@example.com
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Working alongside our existing Operational Excellence Manager, plant managers and other key managers, to drive and facilitate a wide range of operational improvement initivatives using Lean principles across our facilities in Sheffield and Deeside, North Wales.
Based in Sheffield and spending 1-2 days per week at our factory in Deeside as and when projects demand. Some overseas travel may also be required from time to time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working with team managers to identify opportunities for improvement using a variety of tools such as VSM, KPI's etc.
- Working with a variety of operational teams including manufacturing, purchasing and sales order processing, to provide project leadership, coaching and lasting perfomance improvement.
- Applying Lean principles such as Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, 5 Whys and visual management etc. to implement and sustain improvement activities.
- Training, coaching and mentoring teams to promote and instil Lean processes throughout the operation.
- Gathering and analysing accurate information to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Facilitating change by maintaining excellent two-way communication with employees collectively via regular team briefings.
- Initiating capex proposals to support change from concept through feasibility to implementation.
- Ensuring our ERP system is effectively utilised to support the business needs.
- Promoting customer service excellence at all times.
- Ensuring compliance with all EH&S systems and procedures.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- Attracts and develops talent
- Drives vision and purpose
- Strategic mindset
- Being resilient
- Decision quality
Key Functional Competencies and Relevant Experience
Must be an enthusiastic, driven, self-starting, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude. Must be capable of managing multiple tasks, using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
The essential skills for the role are:
- A degree most likely in an engineering discipline, with minimum 5 years post-grad experience.
- A recognised qualification of demonstrable experience in implementing Lean/6 Stigma.
- A successful track record of change and process improvement.
- Customer focussed and target driven.
- Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to coach and train others in Lean techniques.
- A self-motivated problem solver.
- Excellent ERP and data analysis skills and experience.
- Possess excellent H&S awareness.
- Driving licence.
The desirable skills for the role are:
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, machining and forming processes.
- Supervisory/Management experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Movex ERP system.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and data analysis.
To apply, email your CV and salary aspirations to the Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
When forming a cross brace using tie bars, the new Ancon Cross Coupler offers a streamlined alternative to an anchor disc.
We are proud to be a main sponsor of the annual Brick Awards which recognise excellence in the application of brick. The event will be held on Thursday 9th November 2017 at The Hilton, Park Lane, London.