Current Job Opportunities
Ancon is a market leading business, specialising in the design and manufacture of high integrity steel products for the construction industry. Our products are supplied to major structures worldwide, predominantly for use in masonry and concrete construction.
The company employs over 450 people at three advanced manufacturing facilities in the UK and overseas operations in Mainland Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. Part of the second largest building materials group in the world with 87,000 employees in 31 countries, Ancon offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Current Job Opportunities:
Area Sales Executive (London and surrounding areas)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Area Sales Executive to join our market leading business and strengthen our existing external sales team. The role will be home based, ideally within an hour’s travel of Central London.
You will be joining a successful team selling both masonry and products for structural concrete to major projects within the London region. You will develop, build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders such as major contracts, sub-contractors, architects and engineers, as well as supporting our product sales via our network of distributors. In-house training at our Sheffield HQ will form a good proportion of the first 6 months within the role and overnight stays would be required.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Account management of major contractors, specialist subcontractors and Ancon distributors within the territory. Building good relationships with all
- Secure product sales in line with area targets and business strategy by presenting our product proposal and service in a structured and professional manner
- Defend our brand by specification of Ancon Building Products components
- Advising on suitability and selection of Ancon products for specific situations
- Provide general advice on the performance, applications of Ancon components
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
- Attend industry events as necessary
Suitable candidates would ideally have a background in a related construction industry, be already working externally and looking to progress their career. We would also consider applicants looking to progress from an internal to an external role or a graduate with a relevant qualification looking to start their career. The right person will be developed to fully understand our business, products and services.
It is essential that the candidate would have the following key functional competencies and relevant experience:-
- Commercially led individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good personal organisation
- IT literate
- High degree of self-motivation
- Willingness for business travel
- Full clean UK driving license
- Good standard of education
It is desirable that the candidate has the following:-
- Experience selling in a related construction environment
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Understanding of basic structural design principles/ technical background
- HNC qualification or equivalent in a building or engineering discipline
To apply, email your CV with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ancon will be exhibiting at Evolving Concrete 2017 on Thursday 28th September 2017 at the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, Reading. Ancon will be on Stand 19 for the duration of the event.
Ancon is pleased to announce that it has successfully transitioned its Quality and Environmental Management Systems to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 respectively, well ahead of the September 2018 industry deadline.