Current Job Opportunities
Ancon is a market leading business, specialising in the design and manufacture of high integrity steel products for the construction industry. Our products are supplied to major structures worldwide, predominantly for use in masonry and concrete construction.
The company employs 600 people at three advanced manufacturing facilities in the UK and overseas operations in Mainland Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand. As part of CRH, the second largest building materials group in the world with 85,000 employees in 32 countries, Ancon offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package with international career opportunities.
Current Job Opportunities:
Please supply both a CV and a covering letter on application.
Production PlannerClosing date: 16/10/2020
Purpose of the role
- To plan all aspects of production processes within Ancon Sheffield's Unit 2 and 3 site.
- Responsibility for quality of data within ERP system to use a the single tool for planning.
- To act as main contact for lead times and progressing order with Sales team within Business.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Coordinating both internal and external raw material supply.
- Monitoring and highlighting shortfalls in kan ban stock quantities.
- Planning long and short term capacity and flagging up issues.
- Highlighting where expediting is required in production.
- To deputize in the absence of the Production Manager.
- To take a key role in stock takes twice a year and follow through on corrective actions.
- Updating WIP lists.
- Monitoring and actioning discrepancies in ERP ex works dates and reporting throughput values.
- Updating/expediting Production Areas for large changes during daily production meetings.
- Liaising with Sales team on lead times and arrears.
Key leadership competencies
- Ability to make important planning and business decisions.
- Ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication skills.
Key functional competencies & relevant experience
- Previous production planning experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- M3 (Movex), SAP or other MRP experience.
- Ideally having experience of both make to order and make to stock planning.
As we all change the way we are working, Ancon has extended its technical services offering to include ‘on demand’ webinars enabling those of you practicing social distancing, while working at home or back in the office, to keep on top of your professional development.
Tuesday 23rd June 2020 is the globally celebrated International Women in Engineering Day (INWED). Ancon will be honouring its female engineers by getting to know some of them a little better and sharing their experiences with you.