Ancon designs and manufactures high integrity steel products for the construction industry. The company operates from three manufacturing sites in the UK and has a combined workforce of circa 300 employees.
This policy applies to all activities undertaken by Ancon in the UK and impacts upon our suppliers and customers. This document serves to outline our commitment to meeting our environmental obligations and forms the basis of our environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by ensuring that we achieve the following:
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes. In cases where no such legislation is known to exist, we will employ such measures as to ensure that adequate control measures have been adopted so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Review the environmental impact of all company activities with all relevant parties. This will enable us to identify suitable and effective control measures in order to protect the environment, prevent pollution, reduce waste, and will also serve to establish objectives and targets.
- Involve all Ancon employees in our environmental programme and ensure that training is provided to enable them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities. Ancon recognises the importance of gaining full cooperation and commitment from its employees in order to implement and maintain an effective environmental management system.
- Maintain a programme of continual improvement by setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- Engage suppliers and customers to ensure the best environmental practice is adopted in all of our activities, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Improve energy and other resource efficiency.
This policy will be made available to all Ancon employees and any person(s) working on behalf of Ancon.
Signed for and on behalf of Ancon Ltd, by Stuart Maxwell, Managing Director
Successfully re-engineered by Ancon, the IHR range of internal head restraints can now accommodate gaps at the wall head of up to 75mm, extending the previous maximum of 50mm.
Ancon has been honoured at a Royal reception to celebrate its success in the 2018 Queen’s Awards for Enterprise – the third Queen’s Award for the company.