Enhanced design program for punching shear reinforcement
Ancon Shearfix is installed within a concrete slab to reinforce column heads against punching shear. Its use negates the need for any localised thickening of the slab with features such as downstand beams or enlarged column heads.
Shearfix consists of double-headed steel studs welded to flat rails. The optimum stud centres and rail layout can be determined by calculation or more easily with Ancon’s free design software, available to download here.
Unique to the Ancon program, designers are able to generate both an orthogonal and a radial rail layout, ensuring specification of the most cost-effective solution.
Dennis Ansell, Ancon’s Technical Services Manager explains
“Whilst working closely with concrete designers it became apparent there was a need for more intelligent design software. The Ancon Shearfix program provides more flexibility in system design. Users have found cost savings and on-site installation benefits when switching from an orthogonal to a radial layout and vice versa, depending on the specific details of the application."
Other features of the Ancon program include:
- a printable datasheet of the designed system and its export as a DXF file allowing placement directly into building plans
- the addition of a re-entrant (or external corner) column to the column locations
- edge, corner and re-entrant columns can be offset from slab edges
- the effective slab depth and reinforcement ratio are automatically calculated when the diameters and spacing of
- the reinforcement are specified (defaults to 16mm diameter bars at 150mm centres)
- floor/level has been added to the input details
In addition this program allows the design of punching shear reinforcement to BS8110-1, DIN1045-1 and AS3600.
For more information on Shearfix and its associated design program click here, contact Ancon’s ‘Products for Structural Concrete’ Team on +44 (0) 114 275 5224, or email email@example.com.
Ancon is pleased to announce the appointment of Peter McDermott as Group Managing Director, effective 1st January 2019 following the retirement of Stuart Maxwell.
2018 has been another busy year at Ancon following a string of new product launches and improvements, challenging projects and a third Queen’s Award for Enterprise. Here is a quick recap of what’s happened over the last 12 months.