|The latest version of Ancon's Shearfix software is 126.96.36.199
Click the link on the right to download the software. To read instructions for downloading and installing the software click here.
Ancon Shearfix is designed to suit the specific requirements of each application.
The Ancon design program simplifies the specification and ordering of a Shearfix System. This easy-to-use program allows the optimum design to be determined and generates a printable data sheet and a DXF file of the specified layout. The program allows analysis to BS EN 1992 (Eurocode 2), BS 8110 and AS3600.
Solutions can be created for all column sizes, shapes and locations including columns offset from edges and corners.
Users can design a radial or an orthogonal rail layout. This feature, which is unique to the Ancon program, allows the most economical design (fewest number of studs) to be achieved for each application.
Where there are openings close to the column, a section of the slab will be ineffective and perimeters will need to be reduced; the Ancon design program calculates the perimeter reductions and automatically updates the design.
The design program requires the following information to be inputted:
- Column shape (circular, rectangular or ‘L’ shape)
- Column dimensions
- Column location (interior, edge, external corner, re-entrant corner)
- Dimension to concrete edge (for offset corner and edge columns)
- Slab thickness
- Concrete grade
- Reinforcement size and spacing
- Cover to reinforcement
- Shear load
- Applied moments
Instructions for Downloading & Initial Use
By downloading this software you agree to Ancon's End User Licence Agreement.
Please follow these instructions when installing and using the program for the first time:
- Download the program here.
- Once you have completed the registration form, a zip file called 'ShearFix-Install' will be made available for download. Save the file to your Desktop.
- Right-click this folder and select ‘Extract All’.
- Select your Desktop as the specified destination for the files. A second folder will be created called ‘ShearFix-Install’. Double-click to open this folder.
- Double-click the file within this folder. This initiates the installation of the program. Ancon recommends that users accept all default settings by clicking ‘Next’ as prompted. On the final screen choose to ‘Launch the Program Now’.
- The Shearfix program is now located in a folder called ‘ShearFix’ which can be found in Program Files on your hard drive. To create a shortcut on your Desktop, right-click the file called ‘ShearFix’ and select ‘Send To Desktop’.
- The two folders called ‘ShearFix-Install’ can now be deleted from your Desktop.
You must have ‘Administrator’ rights to your computer to install the program, and for initial access to the Help manual. You may require assistance from your IT support team.
Help files are included in the software. To access the relevant Help File for your selected design code click Help / Manual, or click F1 on your keyboard.
Ancon will be exhibiting at Evolving Concrete 2017 on Thursday 28th September 2017 at the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, Reading. Ancon will be on Stand 19 for the duration of the event.
Ancon is pleased to announce that it has successfully transitioned its Quality and Environmental Management Systems to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 respectively, well ahead of the September 2018 industry deadline.