BBA Certification awarded to Ibstock Kevington & Ancon for Nexus®
Nexus, the next generation of brick-faced support systems developed through a collaboration between Ibstock Kevington and Ancon, is the first of its kind to achieve British Board of Agrément (BBA) certification for both soffits and lintels.
Nexus soffits combine a lightweight Ibstock Kevington brick-faced steel unit with Ancon’s Nexus MDC brick support angle. This innovative, fully adjustable, prefabricated soffit solution is quick and easy to install and allows architects and constructors to add an extra depth and dimension to their masonry façade designs.
Being the first brick-faced soffit unit recognised by the BBA to offer a working life commensurate with the building on which it is installed, Nexus should now be specified with even greater confidence than before.
“Through our partnership with Ibstock Kevington we are providing the industry with proven structural fixings that open up new design possibilities. Nexus is a perfect example of this. Achieving BBA certification demonstrates that we continue to provide innovative construction solutions which can be relied on and have been tested against robust performance criteria.”
Lisa Kilby - Divisional Manager
“Our aim is to provide innovative design solutions for the construction industry. Working with Ancon we have achieved this with Nexus. Being awarded BBA certification is recognition that the system has reached the highest standards of performance. It clearly demonstrates the quality of Nexus and of our ability to provide specifiers, architects and constructors with market-leading products that offer the peace of mind they need.”
Ben Gerry - National Sales Manager - Ibstock Kevington
Nexus has been independently tested for durability by Lucideon and offers considerable benefits over traditional cast concrete alternatives:
- Units can be fabricated using virtually any brick or masonry. Various brick patterns can also be specified to match individual project designs and styles.
- No cutting is required on-site and can be installed in a fraction of the time.
- Weight is cut by more than half, and in most cases the units can be installed without specialist lifting equipment.
- Installation time is significantly reduced meaning it can be used for fast-track or time-limited projects.
- All system components are of the highest quality, and engineered for economy and durability with slips permanently bonded to the high grade stainless steel
Ancon will be showcasing the Nexus system at Ecobuild 2018 (March 6-8, ExCeL London) on Stand C62.
Ibstock Kevington is the leading manufacturer of brick special shapes and prefabricated masonry components. Founded in 1987, the business has developed by offering innovative building solutions to traditionally complex construction problems. (www.ibstockbrick.co.uk/kevington).