STS Steel-to-Steel Connectors
Ancon STS/SSTS Connector
Ancon STS (galvanised steel) and SSTS (stainless steel) are compact thermal breaks, typically used for connecting steel balconies to structural steel frames. They are also equally suitable for other steel-to-steel applications.
The connectors comprise tension and compression components within a single combined unit, wrapped in class A1 non-combustible mineral wool insulation. Manufactured to order, the vertical centres of the four A4 stainless steel fixing studs can be specified to suit the exact requirements of an application.
A thermal plate, with an independently verified European reaction-to fire classification of A2-s1 d0, is located at each steel interface.
Download the brochure for full product and performance details.
SSTS and STS Thermally Insulated Balcony Connectors (PDF, 982 KB)
Thermal modelling of a typical application showed a reduction in heat loss of almost 50% compared to a direct steel connection. It also illustrated a temperature factor within the limits detailed in BRE document IP1/06 for eliminating condensation risks in buildings of any type, even those with high humidity e.g. swimming pools (0.90).
UKCA and CE Marking
STS (hot dipped galvanised steel) and SSTS (stainless steel) connectors are designed to EN 1993 (Eurocode 3) and UKCA and CE marked to BS EN 1090 Part 1.
- Comprises materials of class A1/A2 combustibility only, ideal for high-rise construction
- Proven through thermal modelling to reduce heat loss and eliminate condensation risk
- Thermal pad located at each steel interface
- Bracket fabrication UKCA and CE marked to BS EN 1090-1
- Variable fixing heights to suit application
- In the case of SSTS, fully stainless steel components offer the ultimate corrosion protection and thermal efficiency benefits
The latest innovative product developments from each of Leviat's established and trusted connecting, fixing, and anchoring brands will be showcased on our stand at London Build 2021.
The annual UK Brick Awards are back for 2021, and Leviat is proud to be sponsoring the ‘Large Housing Development’ category, one of the Awards’ most eagerly contested areas.