Health and Safety
The Directors of Leviat recognise that the Company has both moral and legal responsibilities to protect its employees and third parties throughout all of its business operations. We seek to achieve industry best practice standards of health and safety and recognise that this is a critical issue for all of our stakeholders, particularly for our employees and contractors.
Health and safety policy
Our health and safety policy, applied across all of the Group companies, is to:
- comply, at a minimum, with all applicable legislation and continually improve our health and safety stewardship towards industry best practice
- ensure that our employees and contractors respect the Group’s health and safety imperatives
- ensure that our companies provide a healthy and safe workplace for our employees and contractors, and take due care of all customers and visitors at our locations
- require all our company employees and contractors to work in a safe manner as mandated by law and industry best practice
The Company is committed to:
- providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- preventing injury and ill health to employees and other personnel affected by its activities
- continual improvement in OH&S management and performance
- providing information, instruction, training and supervision to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently
- ensuring that expert advice and assistance is available in order to maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- making available all necessary resources to enable the policy to be implemented effectively
- maintaining a culture of informing, consulting and involving employees and their safety representatives
Organisation and Implementation
The Managing Director is responsible for the organisation and implementation of the Group Health and Safety policy. The company’s goal is zero accidents which is extremely ambitious given the nature and size of our business, and progress towards this goal will be measured by a number of annual objectives and targets.
The Company has designated competent persons for each site who are responsible for the management and co-ordination of health and safety systems and procedures.
This policy will be reviewed at least once per year to ensure that it remains suitable and effective for managing health and safety within the Company.
Signed for and on behalf of Leviat, by Rune Magnusson, Managing Director (Europe West & APAC)
As a future-oriented, innovative company Leviat focuses on the ever-changing requirements of the industry, and our latest development combines the portfolio of Ancon and Halfen Tension Systems to ensure we meet the individual requirements of our customers.
Leviat takes a stand for sustainability with ground-breaking engineered products at Futurebuild 2023
Materials, products and services define how our world is built and is why Leviat is gearing up to sponsor and showcase an incredible line-up of innovative solutions from its world leading range of connecting, fixing and anchoring products at Futurebuild 2023.